Thursday, August 4, 2016

One-5

As I was entering the hotel, I heard a noise behind me. It was Abdur Rahman. He blurted out, " I just went out for some air, I swear."

I gave him a suspicious look and wondered whether he's a fathead or the king of idiots.

I couldn't sleep at all that night.
I looked up through the window and saw the Orion on the sky. Smiling down at me gracefully, absorbing the peace and calmness of the sky in its silhouette and redirecting down to me. I remembered a Persian poem. Once the royal persian poet was drinking with a group of sewage workers. When the kings charged him for bringing disgrace to his court, he had replied,

" That star in sky, falls a thousand yards
does it lose its grace,
when it reflects at the feet of the herds?"

When the night ended, a dark cloud came over the stars and covered them with darkness one by one.  I felt unsettled. Vivekanand wrote, " The stars are blotted out." Satyen Dutta translated it in Bengali as the stars went out one by one. My mind started swirling ominous thoughts of "what might happen".
Before dawn broke, it started pouring, just like it did in Sylhet at Monsoon.
God is so kind. He fulfilled all my wishes. I boasted that my wishes can be beyond the endless grace of thy creator. How stupid was I?



No comments: